Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Optometrist
Duties and responsibilities:
What optometrist does is that they examine the patient’s eyes and also give them advice on their visual problems and also prescribe and fit spectacles or contact lenses when needed. They are also trained to recognize diseases of the eye such as glaucoma and cataract, as well as general health conditions such as diabetes. They refer patients to medical practitioners when necessary, as well as sometimes sharing the care of patients with chronic conditions.

Salary: $115,042

Education: Optometrists are physicians who diagnose and treat vision problems. In order to practice in the United States aspiring optometrist must complete a 4-year doctor of optometry degree program   


Reflection: no I wouldn’t want to be an optometrist because i think it is a little harder than the medical field my thing is to be in the medical field   


       Student Success Statement
The answers to these questions will determine your success or failure:
v Can people trust me to do what’s right? Yes
v Am I committed to doing my very best? Yes
v Do I treat people they way I want to be treated? Yes
“If the answers to these questions are YES, there is no way you can fail?”           - Lou Holtz




No comments:

Post a Comment